Have you read the news lately?
AllTrips is focused on helping you to navigate the digital marketing world by bringing you the very best tools to drive direct bookings. This includes keeping you up to speed on what’s happening now and any big announcements or changes that you may have missed.
We have compiled 5 of the top digital marketing and travel news stories in the travel industry for the summer/fall issue.
- Don’t rely solely on OTA’s: By leaning too heavily on OTA’s as a primary source of online bookings, we forget that those who book directly through you stay longer, are more loyal, and buy ancillary services. Our takeaway: SEO and Paid Ads can get you more direct bookings from better qualified leads.
- A travel app from Google. Google launched its Local Guides earlier this year causing some waves in travel related organic search. But now, it has addd a new product to the travel arsenal. Trips a travel app, aims to help plan trips based on proximity to reservations and destinations thus improving organic search in destinations. Reviews, accurate location data, verified map location, an updated Google My Business account and a reservation system can sway organic search. What does this mean for you? Google Street Views and Local SEO are going to help you get discovered now more than ever. Are you up to date?
- Spotlights on you. Trip Advisor is starting to highlight activities alongside hotels as they redesign their review algorithm. Historically prime rating center for lodging properties, the spotlight has turned to attractions and activities. We have noticed and highlight this in our Reputation Management Solution.
- Travel Marketing is more confusing than ever. Even when you (sort of) know what you’re doing it can make your head spin. What do you do about it? Check out our WebMRI, an easy to read audit on for your website and marketing presence. Your AllTrips advisor will discuss the results and help you navigate areas like Managed Ad Campaigns and growing your SEO.
- Virtual Tours are going big. Google kicked things off with the virtual tour and cardboard launch last year. But now more businesses are looking into how it will help grow their industries. Travel included. Local organic search rankings can be vastly improved with a Google Street View 306 virtual tour. What’s our take? Get on the map now and give yourself a boost before the next busy season.
AllTrips is ready to help you get ahead of the trends with our Digital Marketing Solutions. We are just an email or call away.
As always, we appreciate your partnership,
The AllTrips Team.
P.S. if you want to know what we’re reading now, check out our list here.