We’ve already covered why you should use Facebook if you aren’t already. Today, we have a few Facebook tips and best practices for you to keep in mind when you post. Since you use valuable time to post on Facebook, so you want to make the most of it!
- Imagery – Study after study has proven that the most effective Facebook posts are those with photos. Even when you are sharing a link, such as a blog post, we recommend first posting a photo and then adding the link to the text part of your post. Beautiful scenery and wildlife photos are always welcome on people’s news feeds!
- Call to Action & Links – Include a call to action and link to your website as often as you can. While some posts are just for fun, Facebook can be a serious sales tool. When you post your beautiful photos, people want to see more! Give them the opportunity to explore your website.
- Original Content – While it’s tempting to just share other posts and count that as your post for the day, keep in mind that engagement on original content will be higher. People like your page because they want to hear from you! We don’t discourage sharing from other pages, but we do encourage posting original content, especially great photos, when you can.
- Engage your Audience – Ask your audience questions in your posts. For example, What did they enjoy most about their vacation to your town? Ask for captions on a funny wildlife photo. There are several possibilities. It is called social networking, after all!
- Be consistent – You already know this one, but posting engaging content consistently is key when you are building a fan base! When people choose to like your page, it’s because they really do want to hear from you. Facebook has easy-to-use mobile apps if that makes posting easier for you. Let us know if you need help setting it up!
We are always here to help our marketing clients with social media. Just let us know if you have a question about Facebook, Google+, Twitter, or any other social network.
Keep following along as we share more tips about our Digital Marketing Services weekly. Or sign up to have these posts delivered to your inbox!